Kindergarten registration for the 2017-18 school year will begin Tuesday, April 11, 2017. Any child who will be 5 years old on or before Aug. 31, 2017, is eligible to enter kindergarten this fall.
Parents can find out which school their child will attend by using the district’s online boundary map or calling the elementary education office at 360-313-1010 or communications office at 360-313-1230.
Parents should bring proof of their child’s birth date, immunization records and emergency contact information to their neighborhood school to register their child.
School offices are open for kindergarten registration Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Registration can take up to one hour. Forms can be downloaded and completed in advance, but hard copies must still be turned into the school office.
Full-day kindergarten will be offered at all elementary schools during the 2017-18 school year.
Registered students and their families will be invited to visit their elementary school, meet teachers and learn more about the kindergarten program. Visitations typically last about one hour. The following dates/times are subject to change. Parents should confirm with the school.
- Sarah J. Anderson, 2215 NE 104th St., 360-313-1500: May 25, 4 p.m.
- Chinook, 1900 NW Bliss Rd., 360-313-1600: June 1, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Eisenhower, 9201 NW 9th Ave., 360-313-1700: May 17, 10 a.m.
- Felida, 2700 NW 119th St., 360-313-1750: May 25, 8:45 a.m.
- Franklin, 5206 Franklin St., 360-313-1850: June 1, 9 a.m.
- Fruit Valley, 3410 Fruit Valley Rd., 360-313-1900: May 24, 9:30 a.m.
- Harney, 3212 E. Evergreen Blvd., 360-313-2000: June 6, 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Hazel Dell, 511 NE Anderson Rd., 360-313-2050: June 1, 5 p.m.
- Hough, 1900 Daniels St., 360-313-2100: May 25, 9 a.m.
- King, 4801 Idaho St., 360-313-2200: May 25, 9 a.m.
- Lake Shore, 9300 NW 21st Ave., 360-313-2250: May 25, 1 p.m.
- Lincoln, 4200 Daniels St., 360-313-2300: June 8, 5:30 p.m.
- Marshall, 6400 MacArthur Blvd., 360-313-2400: June 1, 4 p.m.
- Minnehaha, 2800 NE 54th St., 360-313-2500: May 18, 5:30 p.m.
- Peter S. Ogden, 8100 NE 28th St., 360-313-2550: May 24, 9 a.m., and May 25, 6 p.m.
- Roosevelt, 2921 Falk Rd., 360-313-2600: June 2, 9 a.m.
- Sacajawea, 700 NE 112th St., 360-313-2750: June 6, 5 p.m.
- Salmon Creek, 1601 NE 129th St., 360-313-2800: June 1, 5 p.m.
- Truman, 4505 NE 42nd Ave., 360-313-2900: June 1, 4 p.m.
- Walnut Grove, 6103 NE 72nd Ave., 360-313-3000: May 31, 4 p.m.
- Washington, 2908 S St., 360-313-3050: May 25, 1:30 p.m.
Parents also are strongly encouraged to sign up their child for Kindergarten Jump Start, a free program for incoming kindergarteners that takes place a few weeks before the school year begins. Students participate in a variety of math, literacy and hands-on learning activities and receive opportunities to learn basic daily school routines and become familiar with school surroundings.
Jump Start will be offered at the following elementary schools:
Monday through Friday, July 31 through Aug. 18, from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.:
Anderson, Fruit Valley, Harney, Hazel Dell, Hough, King, Lincoln, Marshall, Minnehaha, Ogden, Roosevelt, Sacajawea, Truman, Walnut Grove and Washington elementary schools
Monday through Friday, Aug. 14-18, from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.:
Chinook, Eisenhower, Felida, Franklin, Lake Shore and Salmon Creek elementary schools
Parents should contact their child’s school’s office for a registration form.